It’s that time of the year again, the time of year when all the busy people of the world decide that becoming fit is now on the top of their “New year’s resolution” list. These people will raid our gyms and take up all the equipment for approximately 2-3 months. Some of them even cancel their memberships after a week or so. Luckily for you, I’m here to make this years gym session as pain free and crowd less as possible with a couple convenient tips.[divider]
Timing is everything when it comes to dealing with the “New year’s resolution” a crowded gym. If you’re not already attending a 24/7 access gym then I suggest you sign up for one. Some of the most popular times for the gym to be crowded are in the afternoon and the evening. To avoid a crowded gym it’s best to arrive early in the morning or late at night. Most gyms with regular hours prevent you from accessing them at these hours (hence why you should buy a 24/7 gym membership).
- I recommend Anytime Fitness as a number one choice. This gym gives you a key fob that you slide in front of a laser to open the door, granting you access when ever you please. They allow access during holidays, early mornings, and late evenings. This is a complete 24/7, always open gym.[divider]
Always be prepared before entering the gym, especially this time of year. It’s best to know what muscles you plan on training, and what type of exercises to perform. If you know exactly what you’re going to do in the gym this will cause you to get done with your workout faster and perform it more efficiently. Being prepared in the gym can help you maneuver your way through the endless horde of people easier and faster.[divider]
The Casual New Years Resolutioner Will Be:
- Walking around on their cell phones
- Wearing brand new matching workout clothes
- Using horrible form
- Have a personal trainer walk with them everywhere
- Using bad gym etiquette
- Doing 1000000x situps (for a six pack)
- Running on the treadmill [divider]
Don’t Get Me Wrong…
Don’t get me wrong…I think that it is great people want to workout and get in shape, however it can get very annoying when the gym suddenly gets swamped. A lot of the “regulars” will benefit by implementing a couple of the tips stated above. If you’re reading this and you’re a new year’s resolution (er) then please use proper gym etiquette when entering someones gym this year. With that being said stay safe and don’t curl in the squat rack!